Thursday, February 14, 2008

H O T Popcorn Ouch!!



Joel volunteered to make caramel popcorn balls for the ward Linger Longer last week. Caramel Popcorn is one of Joel's favorite things - and it's been years since I made it. He was so excited to be making popcorn. He had the boys helping him (in the kitchen I had just made spotless - of course!!!).

I had cub scout meeting to attend. So I left the 'boys' in the kitchen with their pots and pots of popped popcorn. They had a large pan of syrup bubbling on the stove on it's way caramel stage.

Though boys can be good cooks - and the caramel popcorn turned out great. I have learned over the years that you can't always trust them in the kitchen. I think I finally have all the popcorn tidbits, kernels and sticky sugar finally cleaned up. But poor Remington, Joel's little helper, got some horrible burns. They are healing up nicely. He said they never even hurt that bad. I hope they fade away and don't scar at all. He keeps them well ointmented and covered. You better have strong stomachs to view these photos.

No comments: