Sunday, November 25, 2007

D.C. Zoo







While we were in Washington, Drake took us to the DC Zoo. It's a great zoo. Just the right size for a couple of hours of walking and seeing the animals. And it's free!!! Nice!, only parking was $16, and the snacks were so overpriced. But we had a wonderful time. The animals were fairly active, and kids had a good time watching them. We saw lions, and tigers, and bears, oh my! A building with aquarium animals, and my favorite, the komodo dragon. The dragon was great. The kids on one side of the glass, and the dragon on the other. Unfortunately there is some glare from the glass on the pictures, but it was still fun to see the kids nose to nose with a real dragon. We even saw some pandas. They had cows and horses too. Weird.

At one point in the zoo we were wandering around outside looking at the animals, and I came around a corner and they had a big computer monitor there, separated into 6 sections. They had different cameras around the zoo and were capturing pictures of animals and 'things'. I took and look at the monitors and saw . . . myself! I was in the zoo. I was laughing and called Rem over to see, the monitors changed, and then Rem was in the zoo too, Drake came around the corner, the monitors changed, and there were Rem, Drake and I all on the screen. It was quite funny. Rem grabbed the camera and took this shot. So, I guess what my mom said years ago is true, I am a monkey in the zoo.

We had fun, and have hopes of traveling down again soon. Now that I have made the trip on my own, it should be easy to do again.

1 comment:

Zach and Kate Hulet said...

So cute! Everyone is HUGE. When do they stop growing? Give everyone hugs and kisses for me!